Monday, November 1, 2010

{♥ Beginning a Journey ♥}

Becoming a photographer is something I have thought about doing since my first photography classes back in high school.  At the time, it seemed like a wild idea and the educationally focused atmosphere of high school and college told me I should direct my dreams down a different path. However, the reality of college was that I wasn’t passionate about it. Although there were certain classes I enjoyed, I couldn’t see myself DOING any of it.

On a whim, my friends asked me to photograph their wedding. It was a complete and total thrill to do and I was so nervous and scared that I was going to ruin everything. I had never done anything like that before, but as I started shooting I realized I was capturing some seriously magic moments. I went away from the experience thinking, “THIS is what I see myself doing!” As soon as the couple saw their photos they were completely blown away. They were beyond happy with the photos I had taken for them and they excitedly urged me to take on photography as a career.

That was that. I dropped everything to pursue my dream of becoming a photographer. I bought all of the equipment I needed and started taking pictures of anyone and everyone who would let me. My boyfriend of two years designed a logo for my new business, to be called Kayla Marie Photography, and eventually I got my first paying gig. I was nervous and completely excited in so many ways. Preserving memories for people and making people feel and look their best in their photos is incredibly rewarding and I’m so glad I decided to pursue my dreams.

This blog is going to be about the journey from amateur to professional photographer and the things I learn along the way.  Photography is my passion and my ambition is to always capture the perfect moments for my friends, family, and clients.

No comments:

Post a Comment